Wednesday, December 28, 2011

And We Danced

So today was Chest and Back+ Ab Ripper X.

I got through the whole workout just fine. I did 12 reps for most of the exercises so that I can move up from there. Don't worry if you can't do a push up to save your life! I have really weak wrists so push ups are difficult and pull ups are impossible. I do 5 push ups the normal way, then the rest "girl" push ups with my knees down. I think it's really important to do as many as you can without your knees as soon as you start out or else you will not push yourself to that step later on. Instead of pull ups I do the band exercises that are shown.  

Changes I've made to suit my needs: 
I am not going to do Plyometrics just yet. One, because of my foot injuries, and two because I'm just not fit enough. Doing Plyometrics is like subjecting yourself to torture. Not going to happen, at least not in this phase. Instead of Plyometrics, I will be doing Cardio X.
I also do not like Yoga X. I can't even describe my hatred for it. Not only is it the longest, it is soooo incredibly boring. If you're a person who does Yoga and is thinking that Yoga X should be fun, think again! Yoga X is nothing like any other Yoga class. I will be substituting either Zumba or Pilates for Yoga X. 
Also, some people swear by Ab Ripper X, but I'm just not that impressed. One day a week I will be doing Zumba Abs instead of Ab Ripper X. I feel like Zumba works my obliques 100% more. 

Starting video:
Ugh.. I just.. do you have any idea how hard this was to do? I made a video of my starting point. I gritted my teeth and hid my shame showing the entire world my stomach. The only person to see my stomach since high school is my husband and my mother. Really. So, here it is:

Day One

Now I'm fully accountable for what happens next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment