Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Those Dreadful Measurments

I'm going to have a really long introduction because I need to get a lot out there before I "officially" start my weight loss goals. I like to read about other people's stories and how they succeed, but there are always so many details missing from their journey that I'd like to know. I'm going to try and be as thorough as possible and of course, brutally honest.

About my body:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 205lbs (ouch)

Measurements-
Arms (each): 13.5
Thighs (each): 24.5
Chest: 43
Tummy (not waist): 42.5
Hips: 46.5
Neck: 14

Weaknesses: carbs! I love pizza and pasta.
                     I never drink enough water
                     I snack all day (will power) 
Strengths: Knowledge- I know what I need to do, but... 
                Support System

Health:
I'm not in the best health. I get sick often, right now I have problems with my feet since I bruised both of my Achilles tendons. I have to wear a walking boot if I'm doing a lot of walking- this is just temporary. I have carpal tunnel that has been acting up lately. I wear braces to bed and whenever it is bothering me. Diseases like Fibromyalgia, Lupus, and Diabetes run strongly in my family. I'm not pre-diabetic yet, and trying to make sure I wont be any time soon. 

About My Lifestyle
 I am a photographer, a full time student, and I have a part time job. I am exhausted pretty much all the time. I'm 21, very soon to be 22, and I'm pretty sure I have the body of a 40 year old. I love to go geocaching, but my husband and I haven't gone often this year. I'm insanely stressed out most of the time because I have too much going on. Despite being busy, I do have time for exercise but I have a lack of motivation. I would so much rather be online or watching TV. So, I have a normal lifestyle in terms of activity. I have to walk to classes, when I work I am walking for about 5 hours straight. On my days off I always lounge and stay on the couch. 
Also, I'm not a vegetarian, but I very rarely eat meat. I just don't like meat. I cannot shake the thought of eating muscle and veins from another living creature. When I do eat meat it takes forever because I examine every little piece looking for veins and fat. I just avoid the stuff as much as possible. 

Fitness Plans
I want to be down to 140lbs, curvy but not soft. I admire women who have strong arms and visible muscles. I want to be lean and strong. I will be starting P90X Classic today.

I have tried it in the past and had success. My first month devoted to P90X was difficult but I lost 15lbs quickly. I pulled a muscle in my hip during a Yoga X pose and it took almost 3 months to heal! Needless to say, I gained that weight back and more. I also did not drink or eat nearly enough to push through the workouts. I passed out a few times my first time around. This time I will definitely eat and drink enough and not push myself too hard too fast!

You see results very fast with P90X, but even though I've had it for over a year now, I haven't been motivated enough to start another round until now. I will be tracking all my workouts and diet with an awesome app on my droid called 90Droid Extreme Fitness. 

Diet
I'm going to be following the P90X nutrition plan. Phase 1 requires a huge amount of protein so I will be drinking two protein shakes a day. Since I'm going to have to eat protein, I am planning on eating chicken everyday. Basically I do not count calories, I just make sure I meet these servings:

Proteins (5)
Dairy (2)
Fruits (1)
Veggies (2)
Fats (1)
Carbs (1)
Snacks (3)
Water (8)

I usually only drink 2 glasses of water a day, so this will be a challenge. I have always hated drinking fluids, and yes I know that's extremely weird. I only drink enough to keep myself conscious- not healthy at all. Although the plan says stay away from alcohol, Dr. Oz says you should drink a glass of red wine to get rid of belly fat. Hmm.. not sure what I'm going to do with that information.

Alright, so I'm embarking on my weight loss journey starting... tomorrow. Don't judge me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment