Friday, January 6, 2012

Sleepy

I looked at a lot of motivational sayings and photos today on pinterest and created a Fit board! It was a way to delay my workout, but it's going to benefit me in the long run.

Today was Shoulders and Back + Zumba Abs.

This is my favorite workout! Last year when I first started P90X, I thought this workout was a waste of time because I barely sweat. I soon realized that I needed to up the weight- I am not as weak as I thought I was! Right now I'm doing 12 reps (unless it requires 16) of each with mostly 8lb weights. I use 5lb weights for the two triceps kickback exercises. I will go up to 15 reps of each before I up the weights.

Zumba abs is so much better than Ab Ripper X! It is a 20 minute exercise, and it works all your abdominal muscles and your lower back. The dance moves really target your obliques- and you need strong obliques before you can try to get rid of the fat on your tummy.

Music is extremely important to me during my workouts. I listen to Korn, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, and other high energy songs that make my blood pump. Usually I can cut out 20 or more minutes from the P90X videos because I do them on my own with my phone app. My app tells you what exercise is coming next and allows you to record what you've done, so I can just do the work without watching Tony. I can't do this with the Cardio X and Kenpo X videos though.

If you don't want to pay $150 for the program, you could just get the videos on your phone for $29.99. I'm not sure what the app is called, but I saw it on my droid.

No comments:

Post a Comment